Alaska Tweets’ very own Marian Call / @mariancall has completed her multi-year labor of love: a double-album of original music called Something Fierce. If you’ve lived in Alaska for even just a little time, you’ll recognize a lot of the Last Frontier in there — though all the tracks have universal appeal. The album was officially released October 1 and Marian’s been doing events Outside since then.
But today she’s back in Anchorage and this Friday she’s doing a solo hometown concert to celebrate the launch.
The concert is not a tweetup, but it’s definitely an event our Alaska Tweets friends may want to check out. Here are the details:
- Something Fierce launch concert
- Friday, October 21
- 8:00 p.m.
- Snow Goose Theater (Anchorage)
- 21-and-over only (Snow Goose rules)
- Buy tickets online now — $10 to $15 per person
- Buy tickets at the door — $12 to $18 per person
- CDs on sale at the event and CDs and/or downloads on sale online
More Alaska Concerts Coming Up
- Juneau: Saturday, Nov 5 at 7:00pm at The Rookery Cafe
- Fairbanks: Saturday, Dec 10 at 7:00 p.m. at College Coffeehouse
- As noted at mariancall.com: “Several more CD release concerts around Alaska are currently in the works — watch for shows in Homer, Seward, Palmer, Wasilla, Talkeetna… and any other community that would like a show!”
We hope to see you at the Snow Goose this Friday, or at least let’s tweet some Marian Call lyrics back and forth, like a secret code!