Join fellow Alaska Tweets folk this First Friday at local radio station @KNBA — a public radio and “AAA” music station famous for eclectic live-hosted music shows plus local news and public affairs.
Our hosts: Journalist and producer Jennifer Canfield (@jennywalks) and Loren Dixon, KNBA’s Director of Programming and Operations. And they’ve got some great plans. Here’s what’s included in KNBA’s first Tweetup:
- A brief, personalized tour of KNBA’s studios, brand new just 2 years ago
- A chance to record a “sweeper” in your voice that the station can use on-air (and you’ll learn just what a sweeper is)
- An opportunity to browse through some 300 CDs — and take home any you might like
- Hang-out time with new and old Twitter friends
- Refreshments (of course!)
- Kids are welcome
- Doors open by 6:30, tour at 7:00, hang out until 8:00-ish
Participation is limited to about 30 people. First registered, first confirmed. If you’re planning on joining us this Friday, please register here — where you can also see who’s already signed up.
And mark your calendar:
- Friday, December 4
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm (ish)
KNBA is in the Cook Inlet Tribal Council (CITC) building, a block northwest of the intersection of Bragaw and Debarr. It’s a secure facility, with a guard at the main entrance. Please arrive between 6:15 and 6:45pm so the guard can greet you and get you into the elevator to the 4th floor.
3600 San Jeronimo Dr
Anchorage, AK 99508